1. Please note that Timeless Africa Safaris (TAS) is a Tour Operator, not a Travel Agency. As your Agent and on your behalf, we, therefore, contract and operate with the relevant services providers subject to the specific terms and conditions of property owners, suppliers and other travel-related operators that we use.
2. The client acknowledges that by signing and submitting the Booking form to the Tour Operator, from the signature date and until the end of the tour or earlier if the tour is cancelled, that the client authorises that they accept these Terms and Conditions in relation to all members of the travelling party and that they are authorised to sign the Booking Form on behalf of each of the persons referred to in the Booking Form. The client acknowledges that they are not residents of South Africa; that the Tour package is or will be arranged prior to their arrival in South Africa and that neither they nor any other recipient of the Tour Operator arranging services will be in the Republic when the services in question are rendered.
3. The client acknowledges that they have read and understood these Terms and conditions and makes an offer to contract with the Tour Operator in relation to the Tour Package on the terms detailed in these Terms and Conditions.
4. Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of written/ emailed confirmation and followed by a 30% non- refundable deposit as per deposit invoice, which will then be paid to the relevant suppliers on your behalf. This deposit is non-refundable. December and peak season bookings require a higher percentage deposit, depending on the property and supplier requirements. This may be a full payment up to 6 months prior to travel.
5. Reservations shall be considered full and paid up once a final invoice has been issued and paid within 48 hours of the issuing of such an invoice. Should the invoice not be paid within this time, TAS reserves the right to re-issue the invoice should there be an increase in foreign exchange rates, airline rates or any other related cost.
6. Final settlement of the services contracted for on your behalf is required no later than 60 days (for less than 10 people travelling) and no less than 90 days (for 10 or more people travelling), prior to the commencement date of the itinerary. If the full amount is not paid in due time, TAS reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled. Bookings made within 60 days (for less than 10 people travelling) and 90 days (for 10 or more people travelling), must be paid in full immediately. 100% cancellation fee will be charged if cancelled 60 days or less (for less than 10 people travelling) and 90 days or less (for 10 or more people travelling), from the commencement date of the itinerary, as per the terms and conditions of the specific suppliers. Should a supplier of TAS require different payments or deposits, the Tour Operator will advise the client in writing and amend payment requirements. The invoice will be in the currency of payment required. Please see point 4 for December and peak season bookings.
7. Full settlement will include TAS’s consideration for planning and/or arranging and/or facilitating the Tour Package, which is a variable amount, based on the discount TAS is able to arrange with the service provider to the advertised service provider rates. The total tour price will include applicable taxes and the Arranging fee.
8. TAS makes every effort to engage quality suppliers among the airlines, hotels, tour operators and other service providers to provide the travel products making up the Tour featured and to ensure that the various services making up the Tour will be carried out efficiently and as specified. We do not have direct control over the provision of services by suppliers and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, additional cost, accident, delay, irregularity that may be occasioned by any error or default, act or omission of any supplier in carrying out the arrangements of the Tour, or otherwise in connection therewith. TAS cannot be held responsible if animal sightings or special requests cannot be obtained or procured, and that there will be no claim against the Tour Operator in this regard.
9. It is the client’s responsibility to take out their own insurance at the time of confirming their trip. IT IS IMPERATIVE AND STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT CLIENTS TAKE OUT COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE – covering themselves for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, loss of luggage, cancellation and curtailment. Note that cancellation policies and penalties from our suppliers are strictly enforced. Travel insurance will cover unforeseen situations that might affect your ability to fulfil your travel obligations. TAS cannot be held liable for any cancellation, medical and unforeseen circumstances, which have an effect on international, domestic or regional flights or the continuation of your trip, booked with Timeless Africa Safaris. Please ensure your travel insurance covers private hospitals in the countries you are travelling to and that you have read the policy terms, i.e. some hospitals may require a cash deposit upfront.
10. TAS is not liable or responsible for any costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances such as: changes, omissions or delays before or during the course of the Tour occasioned by technical difficulties, weather conditions, communication breakdowns or events beyond the control of TAS; any cancellation or curtailment of the Tour as a result of the customer’s personal circumstances, e.g. death or illness. All expenses occasioned by the changed circumstances event/s, including but not limited to unscheduled extensions or curtailment of accommodation, changes to scheduled flights, additional airfares, telephone and meal costs, etc., will be for the customer’s account.
11. Neither TAS nor its holding or parent company or representatives shall be liable for any loss, injury, death or damages, arising from the Tour. The client hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agrees that he/she is taking the Tour Package at his/her own risk.
12. The client acknowledges that it is his/her responsibility to ensure that they are in possession of the necessary travel documents – visa, passport, unabridged birth certificates and affidavits for children, etc. that may be required in respect of the proposed tour and itinerary. It is of utmost importance that you thoroughly check your visa requirements before the intended date of travel, as TAS cannot be held responsible should the necessary visa requirements not be fulfilled. Passports MUST be valid for at least six months from your return home date. There must be between two and three blank visa pages in the passport at all times (not endorsement pages). This is over and above what you will need for cross border stamps during your travels. You may be denied boarding if you do not have sufficient pages in your passports.
13. The client acknowledges that it is his/her responsibility to ensure that he is in possession of necessary health and other certificates that may be required from time to time. If you are entering a malaria area -please consult your doctor or local pharmacist for medical requirements.
14. TAS cannot guarantee the following: Fuel surcharge, increase in entrance fees, government, regional levies and taxes. Airfares are subject to the prices and conditions quoted by the airlines and cannot be guaranteed by TAS. Airfare rates can only be confirmed once tickets are issued by the airline in case of route or price changes. Full payment is required for flights before tickets can be held or issued.
15. Private or scheduled charter flights – TAS or the charter company do not accept any responsibility for delays or cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances, technical breakdowns or diversions due to bad weather. 100% cancellation fee will be charged if the guest cancels their private or scheduled charter flight within 30 days of departure. Clients agree to adhere to charter flight luggage restrictions.
16. All information contained in the TAS brochure / itinerary and price quotes / invoices / schedules are to the best of TAS knowledge and believed to be true and correct at the time of preparation. TAS accepts no liability for any errors / inaccuracies contained therein.
17. The client acknowledges that save and except for what has been stated herein, there exists no warranties, representations, guarantees, promises, undertaking or inducements of any nature whatsoever. Any matter or things said by any person on behalf of TAS irrespective of the position such person occupies, and which is not stated herein, shall not be binding to TAS irrespective as to the nature and extent of any such things, and the client acknowledges that he/she has not relied on any matter or thing stated on behalf of TAS that is not included herein.
18. These Terms and conditions, along with the booking form constitutes the whole agreement between the parties listed on the booking form or the Invoice.