“During five days, 45 of our highest level supporters visited galleries, museums and private collections in South Africa. The trip was planned and delivered at the highest standard and we are very grateful to Timeless Africa Safaris – who fully understood our needs and objectives, responding impeccably to the many last minute requests from our different participants – and for ultimately making the trip such a success.”
– Claire Gylphe, Tate Gallery London
Uncover extraordinary art in a place unlike anywhere else on earth
We have created an incredible programme, based on over two decades of organising luxury travel plus our local knowledge and connections in the art world. Past itineraries included the likes of:
- Visiting the studio of William Kentridge, the best-known artist in South Africa and fast becoming a global favourite.
- Viewing and retrospective talk with the amazing Candice Breitz who employs darkly humorous tactics to strike out at stereotypes represented in the media and popular culture.
- Tour of the Goodman Gallery with Mikhael Subotzky whose work has been exhibited in major galleries and museums around the world.
- Enjoying a luncheon hosted by Estelle Yach who has an outstanding collection of miniatures; followed by a garden walk with famous South African Artist Willie Bester amid his sculptures
- A privately guided tour by the director of the Irma Stern Museum, one of the most important artists South Africa has ever produced
- Art has played an important part in the history of South Africa, as you’ll see at the Apartheid Museum, featuring the triumph of the human spirit over adversity. Hector Pieterson’s sister, Antoinette, gives your group an exclusive talk at the memorial where 12-year-old Hector Pieterson was shot on the 16th of June 1976 and captured in a remarkable photograph that rocked the world.
All culminating in a dazzling farewell party hosted at the magnificent home of a well-known Cape Town couple with Three Tons of Fun, Cape Town’s most-loved female singing group.
- Many guests came earlier or stayed a few days longer to take advantage of a wonderful Big 5 African safari in the Sabi Sand game reserve, staying at one of South Africa’s top luxury game lodges: Singita Lebombo, Londolozi and Simbambili.