From carriage rides through the vineyards, golfing in a beautiful setting, world-class spas with incredible vistas, award-winning restaurants, shopping, galleries, historic urban centres, museums, music concerts, nature and game reserves – the choices are endless…
Visit a local artisanal market or deli, and taste locally produced cheeses, olives and export quality fruit and organic produce. With everything from handcrafted jewellery to craft beers, you won’t leave empty-handed. Tour one of the magnificent private or winery gardens such as Babylonstoren or the Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden. Be sure to see the Rupert museum and wander the streets of any of the historic towns, popping into the galleries, stores and museums that are almost every second threshold.
This is a photographer’s paradise, and nothing beats a helicopter ride for aerial views that will take your breath away. The unsurpassed scenery with mountains, vineyards and Cape Dutch architecture also makes this a sought-after location for weddings, honeymoons and special occasions.
- A few more ideas:
- Enjoy endless kilometres of cycling, walking and hiking routes
- Try unusual wine pairings with chocolate or local delicacies like Biltong; and even grape juice and marshmallow pairings for kids
- Take cooking classes with local big names in cuisine
- Dine with locals in the Kayamandi Township
- Peruse the Franschhoek Motor Museum
- Delve into adventure thrills like zip-lining and kayaking