Nothing compares to spending time with family. Family holidays allow for hours and hours of quality time together; a chance to reconnect, talk and laugh; reuniting everyone from grandparents and grandkids to close friends and distant cousins.These precious journeys can be carefully planned so that the whole family is engaged and excited on every level, making for intensely meaningful lifelong memories.
Custom creating these multi-dimensional, multi-generational itineraries is one of our greatest passions. Over the years, our team have put together incredible trips for family groups of 20 plus, travelling from all over the world for unforgettable journeys in Africa. With a myriad of destinations for young and old, we work with your family to create the perfect once-in-a-lifetime experience.
BEST FAMILY DESTINATIONS
- Victoria Falls is great for teens with the abundance of adventure sports from bungee jumping to white-water rafting, all in close proximity to one of the most remarkable natural wonders of our planet.
- Mauritus is another great young family destination. The waters are warm and safe and, beyond hours of entertainment swimming and snorkelling, most resorts offer activities and care centres for kids.
- Namibia is a thrill-seekers mecca and teens cannot resist the sand boarding, sky-diving, surfing and quad-biking of Sossusvlei and Swakopmund. You can have a more tranquil adventure, game watching from a hot air balloon over the endless desert.
- Botswana offers lodges with unrivalled game viewing, luxurious accommodation, fine dining and world-class service. Memorable wildlife encounters with a level of comfort better suited to older or more sensitive travellers.
- Kenya is a multi-generational destination. From the Laikipia region that mixes horseback safaris and camel trekking with fantastic wildlife, to the Maasai Mara which is home to some of Africa’s most spectacular game viewing.
- South Africa has it all. Every generation will be in their element: from big game safaris to beaches, fine dining, winelands, walking, boating, and so much more. Modern infrastructure and a diverse range of attractions and accommodation make it easy to tailor a holiday to the varying activity levels of three generations. Whatever holiday you imagine, South Africa will provide.
BEST FAMILY ACTIVITIES
- Beaching in Zanzibar with attractions from spas and bars to children’s clubs and discos, while activities include horse riding, hiking, golf, diving and every possible water sports – there really is something for everyone.
- The Cape Winelands offers a wide variety of activities for kids such as a Grape Juice Tasting; tours that teach about vineyard insects on colour-in activity sheets; natural fun like Eagle Encounters, butterfly enclosures and reptile parks; artistic climbing frames alongside tranquil picnic lawns on wine farms; carriage rides through the vines; and more.
- Stargazing in the wild is completely different without noise or lights to interrupt the view. Together, you can find the Southern Cross, read the night sky and learn from your guides about African folklore.
- Cultural tours ranges from culinary tours of local homes, meeting local communities, learning a new skill together or even giving back such as helping to build a school or house for the underprivileged.
- Bush Safari – nothing compares to a few unforgettable days at a luxury lodge in the wild, watching a herd of elephant at a waterhole, sundowners in the bush, lion call at night. These are the moments that your family will be talking about for many years to come.