OUR PAST GUESTS HAVE BEEN PRESENTED WITH:
- Home studio visits with artists – a highlight being William Kentridge’s studio.
- A prominent welcome address by David Goldblatt O.B.M., world-renowned photographer.
- Exclusive lunches and dinners with private collectors in their residences, showcasing their outstanding collections.
- Visiting some of the many well-known South African galleries, privately led by the curators and the artists they showcase.
- Taking a walk through the home of famous South African artist, Willie Bester, amid his sculptures.
- Dining with artist, Nicholas Hlobo, in his home studio, a converted synagogue.
- Dining at the Castle of Good Hope in the Lady Anne Barnard ballroom, with past South African president and Nobel Peace Prize Winner, F.W. De Klerk.
ITINERARIES HAVE INCLUDED:
- Touring the Apartheid Museum and the Constitutional Court, highlighting the triumph of the human spirit over adversity.
- An exclusive talk by Hector Pieterson’s sister, Antoinette Sithole, at the memorial where 12-year-old Hector Pieterson was shot in 1976 and captured in a photograph that rocked the world.
- Empowerment initiatives such as walking through a Township with the children of LALELA Project, which provides educational arts to youth affected by extreme poverty; sparking creative thinking and awakening the entrepreneurial spirit.
- A dazzling farewell party hosted at a collector’s magnificent home with Three Tons of Fun, Cape Town’s most-loved female singing group.
- Extended stays that include a Big 5 African safari at one of South Africa’s top luxury game lodges, trips to Botswana, Namibia, Victoria Falls, East Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands.
BACKGROUND IMAGE: “Farmer’s son with his nursemaid, Marico Bushveld. December 1964” by David Goldblatt (1964), Goodman Gallery